Sunday, November 17, 2013

The sisterhood of the traveling plants


As you may or may not recall I have a special affinity for spider plants.  I got my sister one several years ago when she first moved in to her house as a housewarming present.  When I moved back to NYC she gave me a little baby to take with me that I nurtured in to a my own giant beast of a plant.  Over the course of my time in NYC I gave babies to several different people, explaining to them the history behind them.  When I left to move back down to Florida I gave my spider plant to Dan and started over with a new baby from my sister.  As of maybe 6 months ago it's finally grown big enough to have babies of its own so I took my first cutting and started this little darling.

I brought it to work with me on Friday to give to my favorite customer as a housewarming present.  When I told her the story behind it she said, "It's like the sisterhood of the traveling plants!"


No comments:

Post a Comment