Monday, November 4, 2013

totally worth it


They had their annual one day home sale at work and I felt like I needed to take advantage of it as it was also the last sale I would get to take advantage of with my employee discount.  Of the many many things that I could use and wanted to get at the crazy discount they were offering I had to narrow it down to the necessities as I don't want to go in to debt over a set of pots and pans or amber colored glassware.  Although the amber colored glassware was really nice!

I ended up getting some new pillows and some fancy ceramic knives.  I had never heard of ceramic knives but apparently they are the newest coolest things.  I haven't gotten the chance to try them out yet but I'm very excited.  I'm not sure if I should try cutting something tough like a butternut squash or go for the delicate tomato.  Both have their appeal, and either way these knives should cut through them like butter.

The only thing I got that was completely unnecessary was my crystal skull votive holder.  But I mean, can you blame me?  The hardest part of that decision was wether to get clear, red, or green.  Once I realized the clear was significantly less expensive I decided that I should just stick with it.  It's got kind of an Indiana Jones appeal to it in clear, although the red and green were like beautiful pirate booty.  I also asked Jonathan if he needed the purple one and he said he didn't know.  If you don't know wether or not you need a purple skull votive holder you are obviously not ready for the power that comes along with it.

I mean seriously, it's pretty heavy.  You could totally kill somebody with it.  I do not have murderous intents for it though.  I just like having it on my counter top, watching over my apt.


1 comment:

  1. I DO WANT ONE. HELLO. WHY WOULD I PASS THAT UP?!

    ReplyDelete