Tuesday, August 20, 2013

then titi came to play


As you may recall my immaturity sometimes gets the best of me at work when it comes to the names of the clothes.  Today I unpacked this gem from a shipment and laughed and laughed.  When I showed it to Jenny she nonchalantly goes, "Yeah, titi, so what?"

She pronounced it 'tee-tee' and said it was a nickname to call your Aunt when you're a kid in certain Spanish cultures.  This was confirmed by Anjali, making the name slightly less hilarious.  Still, it's given me a new name to call Jenny.

When we first started working together I would constantly hear Jenny saying, "mira" this and "mira" that.  It drove me nuts because once I noticed it with Jenny I noticed that almost every spanish customer we had would say "mira" all the time.  I finally heard Jenny say it to Laura one day and stopped them to ask what it meant.  Apparently the urgency in my voice, combined with the innocuousness of the words meaning (look), just made them laugh and laugh at me.  From then on Jenny has been Mira to me.

And now, from today forward, she's Mira Titi.

It's better than Poupee.

No comments:

Post a Comment