Monday, July 29, 2013

gets me every time


If you've never worked in retail you might not realize that every article of clothing has a name and that we as sales people usually have to learn the names of all of the items.  We've just started getting our new fall/winter merchandise in so I am beginning to familiarize myself with the new items and the new names.

I'm sorry, I still crack up every time I get to Poupee on my list.  I haven't seen it enough to not be shocked each time and re-read it thinking surely my eyes deceive me.  But there it is, staring me straight in the face, poupee.

Apparently "poupee" means "doll" in French which is actually a good description of the item, a pair of very structured black dress shorts.  I'd just say it's maybe a little lost in translation.

No comments:

Post a Comment