Wednesday, September 10, 2014

ikea trip


My Saturday off was threatened by stormy weather and sober september, so when Joe asked if I wanted to go to Ikea I jumped at the chance.  Not that I really have disposable income right now but I always enjoy a trip to Ikea.

Of course I ended up getting a few things but I managed to get out of there without spending more than $100.  The most important was new pillows for my couch as I ruined my old pillow by trying to put it through the wash.  Speaking of Ikea durability, when I tried to rip the tag off of one of my new pillows I definitely almost ripped it completely in half.  Thankfully the pillowcase holds it together enough that you'd never know.

Of course, once I commit to swiping my card I go ahead and get a few extra random things that I totally don't need.  Like a new rug for the detective:


What was I thinking getting a rug that he blends in with so effortlessly?  I've already tripped over him several times, especially because he ALWAYS HAS TO BE LAYING ON IT.



My final impulse purchase, literally right before we got to the register, was these clip together teak tiles:


They don't fit perfectly in my shower but they still look pretty cool if I do say so myself.  I'm curious to see if they get super disgusting or not.  The teak should be fine but the base of them is plastic which I'm scared it just asking to get soap scum build up.  Either way it was $30 for a pack of them so I think it was worth it.  It definitely makes my shower seem more fancy than it is.

And my apt looks a little bit more homey, just in time for me to figure out where I'm moving next.

No comments:

Post a Comment