Monday, January 27, 2014

this is what goes bump in the night


I had a meeting at work to go to Sunday morning so I decided to just stay in Saturday night and get to sleep at a reasonable time.  I was awoken several times to a crashing noise at the window so loud I thought somebody was breaking in to my apt.  Once up and awake I realized it was the detective attacking another cat through the window.

I managed to scare the other cat away, the detective and I had a few words, and then I went back to bed.  It wasn't until I was walking out the door yesterday morning that I noticed a few drops of blood on the floor.  It wasn't that much and a cursory glance at the detective from across the room didn't reveal much.  I figured whatever it was could wait until I got back from my meeting.

I felt kind of bad later when I could properly inspect him and discovered that he had gashed his face open, presumably on the blinds.  I referred to the expertise of Gala and Daniel, as well as a panel of strangers at PetCo and opted for tending to his wounds myself.


As you can imagine our relationship reached a new level as I pinned him down, wrapped in a towel like a burrito, and disinfected his nose with hydrogen peroxide.  The first round he didn't really do anything, but it only took once for him to learn.  The following times were more of a challenge.

And the cone!  He actually kind of seems to like it when he gets used to it.  I think it makes him feel dramatic.  But then when he gets too comfortable he forgets he's wearing it and gets shocked when he remembers.  He tries to wiggle out of it backwards for a little bit before surrendering again and just laying down.


The good news is that his nose is a lot better this morning.  I even took his cone off for some supervised time this morning but it might go back on when I leave for work.  The first thing he did when I took the cone off was go over and eat.  After that he walked right back to where his cone was sitting on the floor, sniffed at it, and then sat down next to it like he already missed it.

weirdo.

No comments:

Post a Comment