Tuesday, August 26, 2014

I miss them already : (


Back from Boston and I am missing Zeus and Penny terribly.


The wedding was beautiful and I was honored to be a part of the party.  It was also really fun to meet so many different people from Jon's life that I had only ever heard about or seen in pictures.  Like his niece Olivia!!  Ugghhh, she is so adorable, literally smiling and happy about EVERYTHING.

And then I made a lot of new and unexpected friends as well.  Like Joe's mom, who by the end of the night was dragging me by my tie to the dance floor.  Or Louis' parents who were hilariously english and fantastic.  I rode with them from the house to the venue and we were supposed to be following the others.  As we were getting situated we saw them pull away from the curb and down the street to which Lesley exclaimed, "Well they're off like a prom dress!"

Besides the wedding it was great to just get out of town for a few days.  It's been almost two years since I've flown anywhere or been away from work for more than three days.  I was reminded of the person I used to be and the life I used to have.

When I got home from the airport I took a shower and intended to go to the grocery store but my truck wouldn't start.  I have an appointment for this afternoon with Rodney at the Miami Mini dealership.  Will keep you posted.

Of all the reasons I'm super excited to get a new car I think the best thing will be having a sound system that works.  As you may recall my radio in the truck has a tendency to fall out of the dashboard when I go over a particularly large speed bump.  And to have speakers that work 100% of the time?  Oh it will be amazing.

Special thanks to Zeus for deep cleaning my ears every chance he got for 4 days:


I can enjoy my new sound system to the fullest!  And you know what I'll be listening to for the inaugural drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment