Wednesday, October 19, 2011

the other one


She had seen this post I did about Ben the other day and was sad that she slept right through the photo shoot.  She made sure to position herself in the most adorable way ever so I would see her on my way out though.

That is the exact same face she made the entire time, from the moment I saw her.  I was walking past the room they hang out in and glanced in, not expecting to find somebody staring right back at me.  Apparently she was on guard duty as no amount of picture taking or reaching my hand out to pet her would distract her from her job of staring straight ahead of her and remaining perfectly still like a statue.

When I got home I asked the detective what he thought about visiting people and making them feel better.  His answer?


"Oh, no thank you"

1 comment:

  1. So I was looking up "catatonic" on m-w.com to make a sure I didn't misspell it while making a stupid pun about Gerri(get it?), when I happened to glance at the example sentence: A catatonic stare was all that the neglected resident of the nursing home seemed capable of.

    You can't make this stuff up.

    ReplyDelete