Thursday, October 6, 2011

who would you rather?


The timing of my life this past month has been such that the only shows I watch on television are Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy, with the occasional episode of Ancient Aliens when I can't fall asleep.

But consistently it's been Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy, and each night as I watch Wheel of Fortune I find myself wondering who I would get along better with, Pat or Vanna.  Instinctively I'm drawn to Vanna, can you blame me?  She's so sparkly!  But the more I've watched it recently the more I've realized that Pat Sajak is secretly awesome.  Kind of like how Bob Saget is so much cooler than his roles as Danny Tanner or host of America's Funniest Home Video's might let on.  Pat's in a similar boat, I think his biggest job is biting his tongue to keep from saying the things he wishes he could say during the half hour he hosts "America's Game".

If I ever got on Wheel of Fortune (dream come true) my #1 goal would be to win, not so I can play the bonus puzzle, but so I could get that extra time to banter with Pat at the end.  Plus winning is the only way you get to talk with Vanna at all as she isn't released from her word puzzle prison until the ending credits.  And that, that is what I yearn for, to stand in between the two of them and have (what I can only imagine would be) the most wonderful of conversations.

Before you ask yes I have applied to be a contestant numerous times, still waiting for the call.

1 comment:

  1. Not a big Wheel fan, though I've always really wanted to be on Jeopardy!, but I'm kind of afraid of how crabby Alex Trebek has become in his old age. Maybe I'll wait till he retires.

    ReplyDelete