Friday, October 7, 2011

I feel so betrayed


And not just because somebody surreptitiously took my photograph to use for their stock images database either.

I was making coffee this morning (yes, I even use a french press just like that) when I noticed on my almost empty package of grounds that I had unwittingly purchased decaf coffee.  WHY?!  Why would they even have it on the same shelf with the regular coffee?  How can they expect someone who, most likely, hasn't had their coffee yet, to differentiate between regular and decaf?!  Impossible.

This definitely accounts for my grogginess the past few days.  When normally I can only drink one cup of coffee in the morning I was having seconds and thirds, yet I would still be yawning all morning and even took a nap in the afternoon a couple times.  It all makes so much sense now.

So the question is should I just take advantage of this and try to keep weening myself off of caffein?  I know I've felt great in the past when I've done it, but I just don't think now is the time for that kind of ambition, although the worst is behind me.

I was going to say that I wish I'd never noticed it was decaf in the first place but that's not true.  I'm glad to have an explanation for why I've felt extra tired lately and if I hadn't known I would have gone right back to regular coffee and been freaked out by why it was affecting me so strongly.  I guess I'm just bummed because now the placebo affect is gone and I just can't enjoy this cup of coffee this morning.  I know it's exactly the same as the coffee I enjoyed yesterday morning, but now I know the truth.  The horrible horrible truth.

I think I'm going to have to go get coffee on the outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment