Wednesday, January 11, 2012

i'm struggling



Sarah and I were talking about Mariah one day at work and Sarah said something like, 'I used to really like Mariah, like her Butterfly album, but I never really got in to anything else she did'.

I made a promise to Sarah on that day that I would make her a Mariah mix cd that would open her eyes to what she's been missing.  This was actually the main impetus behind me getting my music sorted out on my computer.

Well now I have all the songs I want (I think) and I'm just trying to decide what order to put them in.  It's really hard.  I tried to mix it up between songs she would know like Dreamlover, Vision of Love, Fantasy, and my favorites like Up Out My Face, Fly Like A Bird, or Crybaby.  I also wanted to include a couple that showcase her vocals, namely My All, and Bliss.  I'm feeling guilty for completely leaving off classics like You'll Always Be My Baby but as Jon put it when I made him skype with me last night and pick out songs, "You should leave her wanting more".

The song order is proving to be as stressful as I anticipated it would be.  It has to have a good flow to it and keep her interested so she won't skip past songs like All In Your Mind before she even gets to the AMAZING ending.  Ugh, this is so hard.  I'm so nervous to give it to her.

Ok, I'm going to finish it up and then I have to go out and get blank cds.

Oh yeah, and I didn't even include Obsessed on the cd, is that wrong of me?  Heather came in last night to say hi to Jon on skype and saw how much Mariah I had on my computer and was like, "look right there, Obsessed, you are obsessed".  I hadn't even thought about including Obsessed until she pointed it out.  I don't know if Sarah would understand the amazingness of Obsessed without me explaining it though.   I feel like I need to make a companion cd with commentary on each song, why I chose it, why it was significant, etc.  UGH this is getting out of hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment