Thursday, January 19, 2012

JFK twice in a day


For my birthday Jon agreed to help me move my junk from my old apt down to the sunshine state.  I've been stalling for far too long so today was finally the day.

I woke up at 4 this morning to begin my journey that I have been dreading for a while.  The above picture was from around 9 when Jon and I met at JFK.  As you can see he was already belligerent at this point.

We decided it was best to ride the wave of sleepless delirium and go straight to the apt to deal with the closet that time forgot.


Ahh the old stomping grounds.  I have to say, between the bitter cold and the endless ever changing 2nd Avenue maze I was reminded of why I left this desolate wasteland.

But then I stepped in to the old apt and came face to face with this guy:


awwwwwwwwww.  And just like that I was missing life in nyc.

I just had to remind myself that for every picture perfect innocent doe eyed looking cat there lurked a vengeful gargoyle-esque demon bubbling right below the surface.


He's nice.  But sadly, I had to leave him behind, as I did with new york.  But not before having brunch at the old barking dog, and beginning the process of trying to soothe Jon's rage with booze.


I'm not sure why our drinks are bathed in a heavenly glow but it is appropriate as they were quite delicious.  The blinding white light emanating off the whip cream is actually keeping you from seeing Nathanael who is in the shadows just on the other side of the Nathanael.  In case you're wondering he of course roofied our drinks.

After lunch Jon and I headed back to JFK for round two.  Unfortunately the afternoon flight did not go as smoothly as it had earlier this morning.  Due to circumstances beyond our control we were stuck at the airport for several hours, which meant there was only one thing I could do to satiate Jon.


There were a lot of pictures taken over the course of the next several hours.  We've had several fights about what is and is not allowed to be posted on the internet.  The compromise that we reached was that I can post this picture:


Which Jon actually posed for, that wasn't like a candid shot while he was in the middle of talking, that was a face he was making at me to show his disinterest in something I was saying.  Anyways, I was allowed to post that picture but then I had to also post this picture:


In case it isn't obvious the drinking has continued throughout the day.

And believe it or not I'm back home and everything is as it should be.


I wish the photo weren't so blurry but I could not stop laughing to save my life.  But it's time for the laughter to end as I tend to the chore of unpacking all this junk I just moved down here.


The worst part is that I only emptied like half of the closet.  So you can expect a "JFK twice in a day round two"

No comments:

Post a Comment