Wednesday, August 18, 2010

all in your mind



Last night I was reading something online that had a "quote" from Mariah Carey about how when she sees starving children on tv it makes her sad because she wishes she could be skinny like that. Jon directed me to a website (http://www.snopes.com/quotes/carey.asp) that explained that she never actually said this but it has followed her since the 90s.

In this same article the author says that Mariah became successful by churning out vapid pop songs and that there is no real reason why she is famous besides her relationship with the head of the record studio she was signed with.

HA!

I can accept if you just don't like Mariah, as Laura says, "the whistle thing creeps me out", but you can't deny that there is a reason she is wildly successful. I mean, she has a 5 octave range!!! She don't play.

I was still thinking about this this morning so I wanted to post this clip from when she was on SNL back in the 90s. Lets first have a discussion about everything that's going on with her below the waist. The jeans, the socks, the shoes, i don't know how to react, I have too many feelings.

But the important thing here is how amazing she is. And that she had to sing in secret because she was afraid of getting in trouble. Can you imagine anybody getting mad at Mariah for singing? Rihanna maybe, but not Mariah.

While I was posting this Craig sent me this which makes me sad. It was my favorite cleaners ever!! Why'd they have to go and turn their back on what made them amazing? http://evgrieve.com/2010/08/on-avenue-a-flower-replaces-armpit.html

No comments:

Post a Comment