Saturday, August 28, 2010

poo poo patrol?

In high school we had a really crazy science teacher who made us learn all of the scientific names for shells, among many other random things. We were at a Florida zoo and they had a shell collection in the gift shop. When I saw this I had so many memories come flooding back.

For some reason this teacher would refer to detention as "poo poo patrol" and would cordon off a corner of the dry erase board and label it "P3" (p cubed). If you did anything wrong, or if he was feeling uppity at you for no reason at all, your name would get put in the box for poo poo patrol.

He was my homeroom teacher in 9th grade and one morning some middle school kids were reading their poetry during the morning announcements. Somebody sitting next to me made me laugh and he thought I was laughing at their poetry so he gave me poo poo patrol. It was the only time I ever had it. I had to stay after school and pick up trash from the student parking lot with Joel Hamilton. I remember we found a condom.

This teacher would also frequently remind us that men could get breast cancer too, and then to emphasize the point would gently cup his man boobs.

If you want to get an idea of what he was like just imagine Wendy Williams as a middle aged french canadian man. I'm not kidding, they are pretty much exactly the same person.

No comments:

Post a Comment