Saturday, August 14, 2010

luxury thy name is pontiac

Part of the reason I came down to Florida this weekend is to try and sell this beauty. My grandfather bought this van several years ago so he could use it to transport tools and shit when he went to do handyman stuff at my father's restaurant or my brothers house. Our family has had a tumultuous relationship with this beast, many of us being stuck driving it for extended periods of time. I think my sister was even living out of this van for a summer, which is not impossible as it has a ridiculously cavernous interior. When I had to move back to Florida a few years ago the van was my primary vehicle for 6 glorious months. Nothing says, "hey check me out, i'm in my early 20's and am wildly successful at this thing called life" like a white pontiac minivan with a WWII veteran license plate.

This van has taken our family all over these continental unites states. It's been to and from Rochester NY, San Antonio TX, Virginia, NYC, Michigan, and God knows where else. In some ways it's sad to be putting it up on the chopping block, but in many other ways I'll be glad to see it go. The good news (for me) is that my grandfather is letting me keep the money from it so I can put it towards a vehicle that's a little more me-friendly. So if anybody out there on the internets needs a pimpin' van let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment