Wednesday, September 4, 2013

the best starbucks


I notices smalls first and thought it was odd that it was pluralized.  I looked to see if it was also larges when I got the joke.  I asked who was responsible for it and the two girls pointed to the guy making the drinks with an eye roll.  I like his style, totally the kind of interactions I would have with my coworkers.

In fact, I told him the story about the time I was working at the shop in the west village and my boss got the exterior whitewashed during the middle of the day.  I put up a sign that said, "Wet Paint, check yourself before you wreck yourself".  At some point a girl came in and brushed against the door, getting white paint all over her Louis bag.  The rage on her face when she said, "I can't believe there's wet paint and no sign!" was no match for the rage on her face after I said, "oh, actually, there is a sign".  I don't think she appreciated my humor.  As I recall my boss ended up giving her a gift card to the store as compensation because she was so angry so she ended up having to come back in to use it.  The first time she came back I had no idea who she was so I just talked to her as I would any random customer.  I feel bad in hindsight because if I were her that would have pissed me off all over again.

Ahh, good times working in retail.


No comments:

Post a Comment