Monday, September 27, 2010

Godbuns

For whatever reason, when I go through Grand Central, I always go one specific route if I'm headed to work, and one specific route when I'm coming home from work. 

Going to work I know I need to be as close to the front of the 4,5,6 as possible so I can dash up the stairs and out the doors of grand central as quickly as possible before I get stuck behind some shuffling old person or child in a stroller. 

My route through Grand Central on my way home is pretty much completely a result of Lilly working at the market.  I would go out of my way to pass through the market each evening to see if I could catch her, and even though she's not there anymore I still find myself going down the hallways of Grand Central and entering the subway at the opposite end. 

So the other morning I had the most surreal thing happen.  When I got to the 6 train uptown there was a train just pulling up so I had to run and get on the nearest car which was at the back of the train.  I didn't think about it but this meant that I was getting out at Grand Central at the place where I normally get on the uptown train. 

It was like bizarro world!  It was like when you're playing Mario Kart and you don't realize that your're doing mirror and it's an ice world so everything kind of looks the same anyways so you blast off the line thinking that you're going to be hotsy totsy and before you know it you slam a penguin and go careening off the edge where your fate is then sealed inside an icy block. 

Anyways, I was fascinated when I saw this graffiti on the stairs.  I don't know what Godbuns are but I know I want them.  I will do however many squats I need to until I have Godbuns.  But besides that I was just struck by how I walked down these very stairs almost every day and never knew that there was graffiti on them.  Now I'm obsessed with it. 

It's taken about three specific morning trips for me to get this photo.  Usually I'm swept up in the Lion King-esque stampede of people but for some reason this morning I found myself with a cushion of space behind me so I quickly snapped my prized photo.

Now I can ponder Godbuns at my leisure.

No comments:

Post a Comment