Tuesday, September 13, 2011

update


You know when you get to that point where each new thing that's piled on top of you really doesn't even seem like a big deal because you've become numb to reality.  That's where I am right now.

Just thinking back on the past few days I can't believe all of the craziness that has happened.

The biggest event (and main reason for my absence from posting) is that my grandfather was hit by a car on saturday afternoon.  You can read the newspaper article about it here if you're interested.  The good news is that he is doing better and better each time we go to check on him, although he is still in the I.C.U.  If it were up to him he'd be back on his bike riding around town, thankfully the nurses recognize that he is a 90+ year old who got hit by a car and are making him rest and taking good care of him.  Of course as his condition stabilizes it means that our attention has to turn from him to all of the terrible details that you have to deal with during times like this.  I don't even want to get in to that all now, just know, terrible.

So I drove up on Sunday morning, which is when I saw this:


What does it mean?!  I don't understand.  I would appreciate somebody (ryan) researching this and getting back to me, thanks.

Besides being in and out of the hospital, Sunday finished without too much further drama.  I spent the night with my sister which was like a super fun slumber party.  Especially because I got to sleep with this handsome (and fragrant) guy:


He pretty much just decided that he would be spending the night with me and then plopped himself down right in the middle of the bed where he remained for the rest of the night.  It was very nice and made me feel better since I guiltily left kitty in Ft. Lauderdale with several giant bowls of food and water but no company.

Which is why I had decided that I'd try to stay until my grandfather got transferred out of the I.C.U. and in to a regular room, which they said would happen at some point on monday.  Little did I know what adventures waited for me on Monday!

We visited our grandfather in the morning and then my sister had some work to do so I headed over to my dad's to collect some things I had left there.  I was walking from his place to the garbage area when I heard a car coming up behind me.  I didn't think anything of it until I noticed that it slowed down considerably as it got close to me.  This being Florida I assumed it was some old person that got nervous around pedestrians so I was surprised (and grossed out) when I looked and saw that it was two rather portly gentlemen in a grey sedan who were both staring at me.  As soon as I saw them they slowed down even more and I gave them a grossed out look and continued walking.  They kept creepin' alongside me so I turned to give them a dirty look again which is when they stopped and the driver opened his door and said, "Tyler!".

I said, "nope" and continued to walk away when he told me to hold on and I could hear him coming up on me.  I turned around again and he was flashing his badge and saying that he was the sheriff.  He asked me if I had any idea on me so I gave him my drivers license.  As he scrutinized it the other guy, who had gotten out as well, asked me how it was going.  Oh you know, fine, just in town visiting my grandfather in the hospital and now i'm getting harassed by the police, how are you guys?

But before I could say anything the original officer asked me if I had another form of i.d. that corroborated I wasn't the much ballyhoo'd Tyler.  As I handed him my credit card I asked them what was going on.  He glanced at it and then said, "We are looking for somebody who looks like you, I guess you're not him, have a good day" and then they got back in the car and proceeded to drive around my dad's neighborhood for I don't know how long.

SO WEIRD!!

I felt like I was being stopped by the gestapo to show my papers.  I am slightly curious about this Tyler character and what he did.

'Wow' I thought, 'what other craziness is going to happen to me?'

The answer, this:


After leaving my father's I was tooting down the road when I heard a funny noise.  Thinking it was a weird part of the song I was listening to I kept driving.  About a block later I noticed I didn't have any power steering, followed by realizing that like every single emergency light was on.  Huzzah!

Apparently one of my belts broke, and when it broke it whipped around the engine like willow smith and broke several other things.

For the second time in as many months I had to watch my car get loaded on a wrecker and towed away:


It looks so sad and small.

CRAZINESS!!!

My sister picked me up from the garage and we went to visit with my grandfather for the afternoon.  I told him about my car and he very generously offered to let me use his car since he's not using it anyways.

So last I drove my grandfather's oldsmobile intrigue down to Ft. Lauderdale to check on this precious angel (seen here in simpler times):


He barely ate any food or drank any water, but definitely seemed like he was glad that I was home.  I don't know what's going on with him, and now I need to figure out if I'm bringing him back with me or leaving him here again.  This is why I need friends in Ft. Lauderdale.  Well that and friends are nice in general.

Driving around in my grandfathers car I realized that I've gone from this:


to this:

and I'm ok with it.  I mean, it does speak to MI6 having a little more style than the F.B.I. but Mulder and Scully don't need to impress anybody, they have each other... and the aliens.

And there you have it, (most) of the crazy things that have happened to me in the past few days.  Those of you with a way to contact me directly feel free to, I don't know that I'll be able to talk but texts are nice.  Otherwise you'll have to wait until I get another chance to update.  For now I've got to shower and run errands here before heading back up to Sarasota.

And remember to watch for cyclists!

2 comments:

  1. TYLER???!?? TYLER IS THAT YOU?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is awful. I cannot believe your grandfather is being blamed for the accident. I'm sure that bitch Maria was speeding. People need to learn to share the road.
    So, I can't quite make out what's going on in the photo I've been assigned to investigate. Even on full zoom, it looks like it maybe says "Hung Hell Plaything / Good Girl," so I assume I need a caption or something. Or else this is beyond my expertise.
    And everything else is just crazy. When you look at it all cumulatively, it kind of sounds like Sarasota is mad that you left and she's trying to suck you back in any way she can. But she thinks your name is Tyler.

    ReplyDelete