Thursday, September 22, 2011

raining sunshine


I've decided that dusk is the best time to drive from Ft. Lauderdale to Sarasota because you get to watch the sunset for most of the drive.

The only downside was that it was night by the time I got to Sarasota and I guess the darkness in tandem with me being distracted on the phone meant that I missed my exit and went one town to far north.

But otherwise it was a most pleasant drive.  Now I have all the things I could possibly want or need from my place down there so I can camp out up here until things are back to normal with my grandfather.

The good news is that he has been busy busy with rehab for the past few days.  I've actually gone to visit him and not even seen him as he's been so focused on his studies.  Well I saw him but he didn't see me, but it's fine anyways.  I have had more free time during the day to get some things done for myself and for his home.

It's kind of fun living in suburbia.  I felt very 'desperate housewives' when I was mowing the lawn shirtless, to the apparent approval of the older ladies that drove by and stared me down.  I would be surprised if there was anybody under the age of 50 that lives in my grandfathers neighborhood so I get looks no matter what I'm doing.

Today's agenda includes washing the cars, I'm sure it will turn in to a spectacle.  Maybe I'll make some friends...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment