Sunday, October 10, 2010

two dead birds


**This was the #1 image that came up when I searched google for "two dead birds".  i have no idea. **

Walking to work this morning was especially funny.  Midtown west is always a ghost town on the weekends anyways, but it seemed particularly so this morning, I guess because it's the middle of the holiday weekend.  While everyone else was cuddled under the covers with their special some one from the night before, I was hauling my ass through an empty and cold grand central station. 

With the lack of people, however, came a lot of interesting findings.  I guess I usually commute to work with my eyes on the prize, doing the Naomi Campbell walk like my life depends on it.  But today I was able to take a more casual stroll since the streets were empty.

While walking the final leg of my journey from Grand Central to my office I noticed 2 dead birds on the sidewalk.  Not together, but one first and then another several blocks later.  I thought this was odd.  Is this a common thing, are there dead birds all over manhattan and I've just never noticed?  Is it like that cheesy playing card thing from Sex and the City?  Like a typical new yorker I'm too self absorbed to realize that i'm walking through a sea of bird carcasses.  I wouldn't be surprised.

Has anybody else noticed a lot of dead birds lying around?

No comments:

Post a Comment