Friday, December 13, 2013

visiting the dogs


I love yeti.

When I first got to Petropolis Park it was so quiet and peaceful inside that I didn't want to ring the bells and get all the dogs riled up.  I went around to the fence in the back to see if Daniel was back there and sure enough he was lounging in the back yard with yeti.  Her first reaction was total guard dog mode when I first saw her over the edge of the fence but one she realized it was me she got SO excited.  : (((

Daniel rudely wouldn't come and open the side gate to just let me in the back to I had to go all the way around and through the front and pass everyone else just so I could see yeti.  I wish I could capture her better on film but it's always either far away super zoomed in shots of her just standing and being nice, or close ups of her coming at you because she absolutely needs to heavily sniff your ears:


After I spent some time with yeti I got to see the greyhounds for a little bit.  It was kind of sad as I don't know if I will get to see them again before they head to their new homes.


I tried to get a nice together picture of each of them.  I like this one of sergeant and sapper and I always look good together:


But when it came to hero it was more of a challenge:


He suffers from the same compulsion as yeti.  Must sniff everything.

Cadence wasn't around for me to take a selfie with but maybe she will come visit me one day on my break at work before she goes to her home.

Since I can't have a greyhound right now I've been thinking about compensating with a friend for the detective.  I actually went to see him this afternoon.  He still needs to be fixed and vaccinated and whatnot so I have a few more days to discuss with the detective.  We'll see what happens, but it may be time for the detective to have a partner in crime...

No comments:

Post a Comment