Sunday, June 3, 2012

one cool dude


He's like, "oh crank it up, that's my jam!"

: ((

Sometimes I think the detective is special needs (citation) and then sometimes I'm astounded by his brilliance.  For example, he knows when I am going to make a tuna salad sandwich based on the sound of me taking the first dish out of the cupboard.  Because I use a specific bowl to mix the ingredients, he has learned the sound and will wake up from a sound sleep and come running in to the kitchen.


Initially he would react when he heard me opening the can of tuna so I would only have to deal with maybe 30 seconds of shrill screaming before I could set the can down for him to lick clean.  Gradually he learned the steps and would start screaming earlier and earlier in the process.  Now he's gotten it down to the dishes, but he sometimes gets it wrong.  When that happens I have to show him what I'm making and that he's not interested in it before he will leave me alone.


Anyways, the point is that I think he has learned the difference between what I look like when I'm just leaving for a few minutes and what I look like when I am leaving for work.  I am pretty sure it's the fact that I wear shoes to work but flip flops any other time.  So now when I am getting ready for work he tries to figure out ways to impede my progress.


Like camping out on top of my sunglasses.

: (

I wish I could just take him with me to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment