Thursday, February 9, 2012

my new friend


I was at Walmart today and I found myself in the pet supplies aisle.  I was not looking for a fish but somehow I found myself face to face with the wall of sad Betta's in their little tupperware containers.

This guy was literally the first one I saw and after much hemming and hawing I decided I need to just take him home with me.


I love him.

After I first put him in his new tank I was taking some pictures and out of nowhere he just flipped out and knocked one of those huge ass rocks all the way across the tank.  He's angry just like kitty, and I like that a lot.


I told Jonathan that I got a nice purple fish and he asked me what I was going to name him.  I said I didn't know and asked for a suggestion.  Jonathan suggested, "JONATHAN!"


The more time I've spent with him the more I feel there is no more appropriate name.

He's handsome and nice and purple and has a violent streak.  That describes Jonathan to a T.


Haha, he also knows how to pose for the camera now click, click.


And he lives in a tank full of bottled water.  If Jonathan were a fish he'd expect no less.

So it's settled, and I think little Jonathan is enjoying his new home right by my computer.  I hope it's better than the back corner of Walmart.


He certainly looks like he's enjoying it.

1 comment:

  1. I used to have a red betta named Cardinal Richelieu. He was majestic.

    ReplyDelete