Friday, August 26, 2011

thanks Irene


Apparently the counter-clockwise rotation of Irene has pulled dry air down from the north, creating some really beautiful weather down here.

There is definitely a hint of hurricane in the air though, the wind seems to be whipping through the trees a bit harder than it should, and there have been a lot of dark ominous clouds that barely have time to gather before they are swept out of sight again.

I think we might get a little rain that's actually Irene affiliated but for the most part it looks like its headed straight towards you guys up north.  But if I learned nothing else from those stupid hurricane tracking maps that we had to start doing every year as school began, it's that most of them fizzle out and go away anyways.  Or maybe our science teachers just quit caring after like the first week so I just thought all the hurricanes went away.

Either way you guys should be fine.  The only person who's workplace I can picture is Meghan, and I imagine that when in trouble she would just crawl in to a sarcophagus, so I'm just going to suggest the rest of you follow suit.  It's the safest place you could be during any natural disaster...I would guess.

In the meantime I'm going to enjoy what looks like it's going to be day 2 of fantastic, hurricane-adjacent weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment