Monday, November 15, 2010

snoozin'


They have a really rough life so any chance they get to rest their weary little bones they take it. 

I'm really excited for my job interview tomorrow.  I'm trying not to get ahead of myself but if all goes well it will hopefully be the much needed catalyst for the next chapter in my life.  These past few years have been so strange for me.  As I have been trying to begin sorting and organizing for this move that is somewhere on the horizon I keep being taken down memory lane. 

It's wild to think that I moved in to this apt as a temporary solution, and that was like 3+ years ago now.  I feel like I was always resistant to commit to being there.  The only reason I ever painted my room was because I couldn't deal with what it was when I moved in.  The previous tenant had painted the room a lovely shade of flesh pink that literally made me feel like I was living in a womb.  What's worse is that she had painted the walls after moving her furniture in so there were sections where her furniture had been that she just painted around leaving these large amorphous white ghost figures amidst the pink. 

And it gets better.  Apparently when she had first moved in, before painting it pink, she had had a brainstorm for an edgy look for her bedroom.  She wanted to write the seven deadly sins on the walls.  I'm not sure what the rest of the direction was that she was going in because after writing the first 4 she realized that it made her look like a psychopath and changed her design direction.  But because she had done the script in black paint, the single coat of pink on top of it wasn't really enough to cover the text.  So when the light would hit the wall in just the right way you would faintly see "LUST" scrawled across the wall in what now looked like blood, thanks in part to the fact that the black paint had dripped down after she liberally applied it to the walls. 

If it hadn't been for living in buffalo bill's wet dream I probably wouldn't have ever gotten around to painting the walls.  It was months and months before I even got my bed up off the floor.  Mostly it was just because I always entertained these ideas of moving out, and to a better apt.  In all the 7 years that I've lived in nyc I have always lived on the upper east side.  It has always been my goal to move to a neighborhood that doesn't suck balls, but every time I have come close to having the opportunity it has been snatched away from me.  I guess that's why I'm hesitant to get too excited about this job interview I have tomorrow, but if all goes well I am thinking that I will actually be able to move to somewhere fantastic in the next month or so.

Getting back to those nice guys, it does make me kind of sad to think about separating them.  I feel bad enough as it is about taking the detective away from an apt of three different humans who all give him nice pets alone, but now that he also has a feline best friend it's going to be extra hard.  I don't know if I will have the time to give him the kind of non stop attention that he requires.  Of course not actually touching him or looking at him, but just being in the same room appreciating his beauty. 

Maybe we'll just have to plan play dates so that they can see each other.  They are best friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment