Friday, March 14, 2014

last picture before oil pulling


I'd heard about oil pulling before, probably back in my hardcore hippy days, but I've been obsessed with it recently since it popped up on radar and I read an article about it online.  Basically the idea is you swish coconut oil around in your mouth for 20 minutes in the morning and it's supposed to have a myriad of different health benefits.  It seemed across the board that people experienced teeth whitening so I figured, even if that's all that happens, it would still be worth it.

I finally went to whole foods today and picked up some unrefined coconut oil and did my first session just now.  I have to say, it was kind of gross, there were a few moments during the 20 minutes that I got freaked out.  I think I may have used too much oil too, I hadn't considered that the volume increases as your own saliva gets added to the disgusting mix.

But I made it and am excited to incorporate this in to my routine.  I'm going to try to take a picture of my teeth every friday so we can tell if there is actually any whitening going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment