Tuesday, January 25, 2011

a trip down memory lane

Now that I have my computer hooked up to speakers I can use the different playlists I have for yoga.  This morning I decided to do my upbeat playlist which ended up making me crack up over and over remembering things that I've done with Jon.

The first song that jumped out at me and made me laugh was this:




Now the important thing to think about besides just how amazing this song is, is that Jon and I were actually in the audience, watching this glory taking place live in front of our eyes.  According to the youtube notes this performance was on April 22nd of last year, which sounds about right.  I mean I remember going, I just don't really remember why we went or if we chose this show for a specific reason or what.  Wendy's other guest was Brandy so we might have gone for that but I don't know.  Either way I remember being hypnotized by her dancers and Jon making fun of me.

What I've come to love about the song is that it works for a workout song.  Besides being uptempo and fun, it's all about "releasing me" so I find it's good to listen to when you're hitting the wall.  You want to stop but you just can't, your body won't let you.  Reeeeeleeeeeeeaaaaaaase meeeeeeeee.

Of course today it was hopeless because as soon as it came on I immediately just thought about that weird day and seeing that show and everything.  Then it didn't help that the next song that came on was Britney's gimme more, which made me think of when Jon took me to see this:



We were standing about that close, of course not at Madison Square Gardens, we were in Salt Lake City Utah, but still it was pretty amazing.  Even just re-watching it now reminds me of how fun it was and makes me want to see it again.  Make fun if you want.

Of course this also reminds me of that trip in general which was ridiculous.  Staying at a hotel in Salt Lake City, getting in a fist fight with some girl in the audience of the show, having to spend the entire next day in Las Vegas with no money.  So many memories.  And it was all worth it too because the concert was off the chain!  And I still think of it and smile even when I just hear one of the songs she did in that show, like gimme more.

Anyways, as you can tell I'm still enjoying having my music played through speakers that work.  I went to the sound place yesterday and talked to them about my options for fixing my car and it looked grim.  I might just have to continue to enjoy the song of the road for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment